Friday, November 20, 2009

Week 8 has come and nearly gone....

The last few weeks of this quarter are drawing ever closer. I've worked hard, and my grades have certainly reflected it. I have to say, I never thought I'd enjoy this drama class as much as I have; when I first received the book in the mail, I thought, "Oh, great; we'll have to read all of these boring stories." Well, as they say: never judge a book by its cover. And in my case, it's literal. I judged the class by the thickness of the book and all the reading I'd have to do. But in reality, the stories could certainly have been written today and still had an impact. I thoroughly enjoyed Moliere's "Tartuffe", about a con man who pulled the wool over his friend's eyes for a long time (it makes me think of Adam Chandler, who turned a blind eye to his family while he was seduced and beguiled by an attractive young woman--only to later realize that they were right).

"Tartuffe" strikes the biggest chord with me, perhaps, because I know what it feels like to defend someone whom you felt you could trust, whom you loved like family, whom you would have given almost anything--only to discover that they not only used you, but attacked your very character when your back was turned but a minute. In fact, all of the stories that we've read more or less were studies in human nature.

My finance classes are going well, also. I feel more confident in my career path than ever; I feel that I would be able to successfully help others to manage their financial futures, whether friends, family, or strangers. I'm getting plenty of experience in the financial side of things at work; and I'll be getting even more when my internship starts (I absolutely cannot WAIT!!!). And to think: a couple of years ago, I was still in flux between two jobs and hadn't yet finished school. Now I'm a quarter away from reaching my goal, and it definitely feels good. "Don't give up" is my motto and the lesson I've learned that I'm willing to impart to all of my fellow students.

1 comment:

Glenn Reno said...

Can you explain to me how math classes are done online and what the process is for homework and tests (how are they taken, do you have to go to a location to take the test physically etc)

Thank you,