Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week 6 already.....

This is the halfway point, folks. This is where your grade for the quarter is already pretty much determined; or, this is the point where you can turn things around for yourself if you feel that you aren't getting the grades desired. As for me, I'm going to keep forging ahead. My grades at present are excellent; I think I messed up on a test this week, but I have the opportunity to turn that around from this moment on so that it doesn't count against me as much.

I'm so excited, though; this quarter is almost over, and then next quarter is my very last quarter at Berkeley. As I mentioned before, it is kind of bittersweet, but I'll never forget those who helped me along my "Road to Success" (ha ha), starting with Anthony Villani, and continuing along with such wonderful students and faculty members who didn't allow me to make excuses for myself whenever I did less than my best. When your professors see/read your potential, they won't let you get away with subpar performances. And I'm grateful for that; I've even been able to challenge myself more in the workplace.

Speaking of the workplace, this is where I'll be performing my internship (I just have to await the official O.K. from Career Services). I'll get a chance to not only show what I'm made of as a Berkeley College student, but I'll also be giving my employers a chance to consider me for advancement opportunities within the organization. My last internship with Newark City Hall allowed me to utilize some of the skills I'd acquired in business school, but it didn't really prepare me for a job in my field. Now, however, I feel that even if I don't continue with the company I'm currently employed with, I'll be able to take the valuable knowledge that I acquired with me elsewhere. Who knows what the future holds, but I'll be prepared for it.

No comments: