Thursday, July 2, 2009

New quarter starts next week!!!!

I just got my new text book for Finance 400 this afternoon, and I'm going to try and start on some of the assignment this week; that way, I won't have quite as much to do next week. I'm also taking Business 220--Business Placement Seminar. This course is going to teach us how to search for a job in today's market. We're going to learn how to put together resumes, cover letters, and thank you letters. We're also going to learn how to have a successful interview and about blunders that can keep us from landing the job of our dreams.

This all brings me back to my initial concern: How am I going to do my internship while I'm still working? Will I have to take a leave of absence for school purposes or not? Will I find an internship that will allow me to work around my current schedule? Well, I'll have twelve weeks to figure it out; in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy learning how to be successful in the business world and learning how to market myself. I am also signed up for English 111--Oral Communication. I am going to find out how to download the camera software to my computer so that I can record and post my videos to the discussion board (this is how our discussions will be performed). I have a few days to figure that out, as well. Well, here's to a new and successful quarter, Berkeley students.

No comments: