Saturday, July 4, 2009

So I lucked out this quarter....

I ordered my books for the summer quarter at Berkeley, and I paid less than one hundred dollars for my books. I lucked out, because I already had one of the books from last quarter, and my Business Placement Seminar class doesn't require a textbook. So I only had to order two used books from amazon.com. I verified the texts to make sure they were the right ones, and then I placed my order. I've already received one of the books, so tomorrow I'm gonna study the chapter for the first week and get started on the assignment(s) that are associated with it.

My Business Placement Seminar class should also be pretty interesting, what with learning how to market oneself in the job market. I've already mentioned some of the tasks we'll be completing, so I'm just going to print out copies of the documents posted to the Course Documents section so that I'll be able to complete the assignments in a manner satisfactory to both the professor and myself. Turns out I have the same professor for this course that I had for Business Math. I look forward to conversing again with my fellow Berkeley students and getting their perspectives on certain readings, and with the Oral Communications class, I look forward to getting to know my classmates via video and the discussion board.

I'm also going to frequent Career Services now more than ever as a result of taking the Business Placement course, just to see how I can apply what I've learned and will learn. I saw some of the same documents in our Course Documents folder, and I feel a little more confident that I'll be successful in the job market and subsequently, the workplace.

No comments: