Thursday, July 9, 2009

New quarter started....

So I'm going over information for Finance 400, and there are so many different types of taxes that are involved in so many different transactions. So far, I've learned about excise taxes, income taxes, use taxes, gift taxes, and the like. Gift taxes are taxes that are paid on the transfer of a gift to another party during the owner's life; whereas a death tax is a tax paid on the transfer of a gift to another party after the owner's death. This is important if one is considering leaving his or her loved ones an inheritance. The closer one is to a relative, the lower the tax levy will be.

In Business 220, we had to fill out forms pertaining to our first internship. Again, I'm excited and nervous to see how this will go. I typed out the application and stated that I would need assistance in job placement as far as my internship. I would hope to be able to do my internship at my own place of employment; however, it is a not-for-profit organization, and my field of study is in Finance. The only way I could see doing my internship at work would be to work under the accountant in her office; I may suggest this and see what happens. Either way, I will work to face the challenges ahead of me. Graduation is well on the way, and I don't want to do anything to ruin it for myself.

No comments: