Saturday, July 11, 2009

The right--or wrong--camera makes a difference....

I have to take English 111 (Oral Communication) this quarter, and I had to make a little trip to the mall today, because the camera I purchased just wasn't compatible with my notebook computer. So I went to Radio Shack and got a Logitech QuickCam that I needed for class. When it came time to download the software, the only problem I really had was that the anti-virus software kept labelling it as "high restricted". So I had to disable it and install the software. After I did that, it was smooth sailing. I created my introductory video, following the instructions to the letter, and sent it to the teacher. I do hope that she likes my video--or at least can tell me what I need to improve on. Talking into a camera is not as easy as others make it seem, but this will soon replace being present for conferences in business.

Next week, we'll have to go over a chapter in the book and base our Week 2 video on the notes we have online and based on the chapter reading(s). I'm looking forward to it now, whereas before, all I felt was dread.

I'm also loving my fiction class; this week, we're discussing fables, parables, and morals. One of the stories we had to read was about a foolish camel who chose the wrong set of friends and suffered grave consequences (I won't tell you what happens, though, just in case you want to check it out for yourself).

No comments: