Friday, May 8, 2009

Taking two finance courses....

You REALLY have to be on your toes and good with numbers (or at the very least, know how to work out the problems assigned to you) in Finance; and multiply that times two. Well, that's what I'm doing this quarter. And I'm noticing that the information sometimes crisscrosses from one class to the next, as no matter which finance class you are taking, you'll always have some of the same basic elements and foundations of finance. It is not without challenge, however, but I'm up for the challenge. So as they say in that cheerleader movie, "Bring it on!!!"

I just finished my Tutorial assignment for CIS 203 tonight, after working non-stop on it. Some of it was a little confusing at first, but when I went back and saw what I had done instead of what I should've done, I was able to catch and correct my mistakes before submitting the database to the instructor. That's the good thing about giving yourself enough time to make mistakes and correct them--something you can't do if you wait until the last day/hour/minute/second to do your project. I'm someone who speaks from experience, and I've learned from past mistakes that prior, proper planning prevents poor performance.

In my Feminism class, we discuss Bartky's "tyranny of slenderness" and its overall affect on women and how women seem themselves in society. It really is very interesting when you look at the effect that the media can have on the way a woman views herself.

No comments: