Friday, May 15, 2009

Classes all set for summer quarter....

I'm all set, and I hope you are, too, Berkeley online students. Today was the absolute last day that online students could register for classes and avoid the $100 late fee. Thank goodness I got a call and a reminder from the school that it needed to be done; otherwise, I'd owe one hundred dollars in addition to any balances that I owe to Student Accounts. After the summer quarter, I'll have one more quarter to go before I graduate. But I'll always remember Berkeley College and what it gave to me.

Speaking of graduation, another fellow blogger is leaving us soon. I just wanna say congrats to Vanessa Gomez; she's hard at work at her internship, as well as keeping up with her studies and her part-time job. As anyone knows who's ever gone to school and worked at the same time, it's a true juggling act. You have to be on top of things in every regard; and the two actually go hand-in-hand. The more you prove how responsible you are with your studies, the more you prove your mettle when you get out into the working world. Employers are looking for those who are disciplined and focused on the task at hand, and Berkeley trains its students to be the types of employees that companies are looking for. I can't even begin to say how much I feel that my work ethic has improved; not that it was shoddy before, but I definitely feel that my confidence level is up because of what I've learned in classes.

No comments: