Saturday, May 2, 2009

CIS 203...

So I had a little bit of trouble with the last few assignments in CIS 203, particularly this last one. I let my professor know that when I sent in this latest project. The tutorial itself was no problem; it was the case assignment that I had some considerable trouble with. But I'm still doing pretty good for the most part. I've only had a few points taken off the last couple of assignments, and I'm keeping up with the discussions. Plus, I get to see and relate how these functions may come in handy in business someday, facilitating and speeding up certain job functions, allowing a company to be more efficient and customer-friendly, thereby making the company more profitable.

In my feminism course, we are discussion images in the media with regard to women and sexuality. Two articles suggested that a woman's body type is directly linked to her happiness (or unhappiness). "The thinner you are, the happier you are and the more successful you are in life" seems to be the common refrain in the media--popular movies, music, t.v. shows, magazines, etc. If you happen to be a woman with a "little meat on her bones", you're viewed as "fat, overweight, and unattractive". This type of thinking is detrimental not only to grown women and teenagers, but to girls and boys as young as five and six years of age.

No comments: