Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Got a message from Berkeley College....

I have to get my summer schedule to this by this Friday in order to avoid the $100 late fee (that I've been reminding my fellow students about). So I'm going to look through the course catalog tomorrow and email my selections to Advisement and then I should be set for the next quarter. I'm so glad I finally have my own laptop; this way, when I go on vacation, I can carry it with me and get my homework done on the plane, on the train, or in the automobile (however I get to travel this summer). All I know is that it will be so much more convenient this time around. I would be able to read and take in the information and type it out in Word, print it out, and study it again so that it would stick fresh in my mind.

I got a 100 on my first finance GHA. Go, ME!!! It was all essay questions, and it was pretty lengthy; but I was able to explain the concepts well enough for each question asked. The other thing I have to focus on is our portfolio project. I want to do well on this project--unlike the Building Your Own Financial Plan that I did last quarter; I could've done much better than I did, but I did pass the course. And I learned a bit about my spending habits (I'm still working to curb my frivolous spending; it won't happen overnight, but it will happen eventually). For the same money that I'm putting into the vending machine every single day, I could buy snacks for the week (or even the month, depending on what I'm looking for).

No comments: