Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So I just got my grade for my final PowerPoint project: a B+!!! Professor Bonofiglio told me that my second presentation (for the Kid Kare project) was a bit wordy, but that overall she really enjoyed them both. I really enjoyed doing the Dog Walkers, because I love animals and I got a chance to flex some creative muscle with the project, ending the final slide with job opportunities for dog enthusiasts. I even posted a link for applying online: www.Iheartdogs.com. The pricing was a little extreme--at least I think--but I think it was realistic in terms of where I live (Summit, New Jersey, where pretty much everything is expensive).

Last week's philosophy discussion went pretty well, too. We had to discuss religion and prove, with sound reasoning, that there was actually a God who created everything. Case in point: one gentlemen, who touched on the idea that we came to be by cumulative selection, suggested that the finer grains of sand were filtered out each time until only the finest sand remained; he compared that to us as humans in that only the fittest had those qualities that enabled them to survive as a human race. Well, my point was this: even if that were true, there is still someone to do the sifting. So there has to be a creator (or in Aquinas' case, a First Mover) in order for the thing to survive.

The Dynamic Sirens are also doing well as a discussion board group. We really had a lot of insight and experiences to share as far as what we experienced on the job as women. Again, with our shared experiences and valuable insight, we can be sure to dodge the slings and arrows of prejudice (racial AND gender-based, in our case) in the workplace.

2 comments:

Karolina said...

Hi Assata,
You know I remember when I was taking that class in the midtown campus and boy was it terrifying:)
My professor was really demanding and I had to do it on Saturdays, I hate Saturday classes!:)
But when I finally familiarized myself with it I found it very useful.
I need a favor. Could you look at the link below and tell me what you think about my blog? I would really appriciate it.
Talk to you at the Group Dyn:)
Karolina

Karolina said...

here it is

http://legalstudy1.blogspot.com/