Saturday, February 23, 2008

My second post will be dedicated to my business and philosophy courses. I just took my GHA, and I got an 80. Not bad, considering what a rush job I did on the readings. Next week, though, I'll have more time to devote to the readings, as I'll be more settled in from the move. But this section dealt with presentations and visual aids used in business. The problem with visual aids used in business sometimes is that not only does it sometimes not fit the needed format, but the information could be old and outdated or inaccurate (as with stocks and mutual funds). Maybe that's an idea for a final report in business class.

As for philosophy, we focused on the arguments of the Dalai Lama vs. Tom Regan, who argues for animal rights and whether or not philosophy should be focused on what's considered a moral/religious responsibility. I say that treating animals with loving, attentive care and valuing them as unique living things is connected to being a moral, possibly religious person (you can be moral and not necessarily religious). To mistreat animals by cruelly beating and killing them for sport is immoral and in no way represents the views of a loving Creator.

No comments: