Friday, February 8, 2008

So I just discovered something else about Berkeley College blackboard that's pretty cool: the e-mail function. I guess you say, "Well, how's that so cool?" Well, I'll explain. Even though the older messages can be deleted, they're never FULLY deleted. So if you have some information in one of the e-mails from a previous class that you can use to help you in a future class, you can actually click on that older e-mail, and the information is still there from that last quarter.

Case in point: my old study aids from my business math class are still in those e-mails that Professor Luing and I exchanged during the semester, and I really feel that this will help me tremendously in Math 211 (college algebra). The basic formulas are pretty much the same, and so if I just remember that and study really hard and concentrate on that particular section, I should have no problem. Math hasn't always been my strongest area, but I'm working to resolve that right now.

I'm still looking through Career Services, as well, and I saw a listing for a position in Admissions (or Student Accounts, I'm not sure). It would've been perfect, except for the hours. But it's okay; I'm not discouraged. It just means something awaits that's just for me. Also, I got an e-mail from the Accounting Club. I'm going to e-mail them for more information, because this would be good practice for me, as I plan to enter the Business/Finance/Accounting field. And it would finally be a club that I could join and list on my resume. But, as the e-mail mentioned, I wouldn't just be a member in name only; I'd be an active participant.

No comments: