Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Two more days....

I can hear the strains of not only "Pomp and Circumstance" playing in my head, but also "We Are The Champions" by Queen. "It's been no bed of roses/no pleasure cruise...." Yes, it was hard work, but I did it. WE did it, the class of 2010. We are the champions, my friends. And there's no doubt that as Berkeley alumni, we'll keep on fighting to the end.

So my clever--read "sneaky"--co-workers had a congratulatory breakfast set up for me at work this morning. I had NO idea, but I really appreciate what they did for me. I only wish I could return the favor tenfold. But a lot of people were asking how I managed to work full-time in addition to caring for other responsibilities and STILL manage to finish school. I told them that by nature, I'm a big-time procrastinator (which is something I've alluded to once or twice on this blog), but when it's something important, you have to really train yourself and just do it. Having said that, I told them that if I could do it, they could. And they really can; it just involves discipline and a thorough examination of one's circumstances.

The only downside is that my sister won't be able to attend my graduation; she couldn't get the time off from work, and in this economy, he who has the gold makes the rules. In this case, the one with the gold is my sister's employer. I'm somewhat disappointed, but I told her that it would be streamed lived via the Internet so that she could see the graduation. To my fellow graduates and new and soon-to-be graduating students, much success in your future endeavors.

No comments: