Friday, April 23, 2010

Countdown to graduation....

In exactly one week from today, I will be walking across the stage at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, receiving my Bachelor's degree from Berkeley College. It's going to be an exciting and happy time in my life, because by then I will have accomplished what I set out to do. I can hear the strains of "Pomp and Circumstance" playing in my mind as I type these words. I can see myself seated among my fellow graduates, while my family is seated in the audience, watching me receive my degree. It's a reality.

Not to be discounted are my fellow graduates (and if you're reading this blog and you're a fellow 2010 graduate, congrats!!!!), who've worked hard to get where they are, too. Their families and friends will also be sitting in the stands, cheering them on and congratulating them for pushing through--particularly when they had moments of difficulty and wanted to throw in the towel (or maybe that's just my case, but thank God for the wonderful support system I was blessed with).

And last but certainly not least, the faculty are to be congratulated, as well; they gave us the tools we needed to successfully navigate our "Road to Success", whether it was in the classrooms, through financial aid, or career services. Posting the information regarding certain trips and/or school events helped many of us to get involved in different aspects of student life. For this, I and my fellow graduates are truly grateful. I still miss logging into Blackboard and checking out these events, but I look forward to sharing my post-graduate life with current students and fellow Berkeley College alumni.

1 comment:

Emr and hipaa said...

Its a great work done.