Saturday, December 12, 2009

My final assignment for Drama....

So I just posted my final assignment to Blackboard for my Drama class. It was a pretty easy assignment, too; we had to discuss, in two paragraphs, the themes of love and essence vs. appearance for two different stories. I chose "Miss Julie" by August Strindberg for the theme of love and "Tartuffe" by Moliere for the theme of essence vs. appearance. And I just went back and re-read the stories and commented on what I felt represented the theme of each story. Hopefully I did well on the final assignment; I really want to maintain the "A" average I acquired at the beginning of the quarter.

In Finance 410 (Estate Planning) this week, we're discussing the concept of insurance. As we know, insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a loss. In other words, should something happen to you, you'll be protected financially. One of the types of insurance that an individual could find him or herself in need of is disability insurance, particularly during his or her primary earning years. That way, if something were to happen to him or her on the job, he or she could replace income that would otherwise be lost because of not having the ability to work to earn a living. This becomes even more important when we factor in retirement planning.

In Finance 405, we discussed the concept of risk management with regard to retirement assets. Simply put, there are many who do not maximize investments and savings during their working years and find themselves at a financial shortfall when retirement rolls around. An individual should plan ahead for every possible occurrence that he or she doesn't even know will occur and that will not leave him or her financially struggling and having to take on part-time work in order to make ends meet in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey great post. Thought I'm not sure I agree with you 100%. Keep em coming. Are you interested in having anyone guest post opposing views?