Monday, October 12, 2009

Updating my profile/Tartuffe.....

Hey there, fellow Berkeley College classmates and bloggers!!!! You'll notice I've updated my profile and added a new picture. If you want to know why I look so serious, it's because I was actually studying something on my computer. But I wanted the readers to know who they were talking to; besides, the picture that accompanies my bio is a few years old, and I wanted something new. Ironically, I have on the same shirt that I had in the other picture.

So we're reading "Tartuffe" by Moliere in Drama class, and I must say, it's a funny read (I recommend it highly if you haven't already read it). It's about a man named Orgon who allows himself to be duped by a man named Tartuffe, who puts on airs of piety and righteousness--which everyone else seems to see. Orgon counters that those who are saying bad things about Tartuffe are themselves the ones who are wicked and in need of spirituality and religion, that Tartuffe is a fine man. It really is quite amusing to read the expressions of derision, sarcasm, and outright dismay that the others seem to hold for Tartuffe. I look forward to the continued reading of Tartuffe just to see what happens to him (is his scheming uncovered? Does Orgon open his eyes?).

No comments: