Monday, August 10, 2009

I got an A on my how-to presentation!!!!

So I was a little nervous about my presentation on "how to create your own website"; I kept having to restart and restart, because I was a little nervous, and then I didn't end it exactly the way I wanted. But when I checked the grade book today, I saw a 90 out of 100!!! It feels so good to know that when you've worked hard and practiced and practiced, it pays off. I feel that I will definitely be a confident public speaker in the future in my professional career (I also get plenty of practice at my place of worship).

The Berkeley College Help Desk is also very helpful; if it hadn't been for them, I would've flunked my essay test. I attempted to take my test on Saturday and was doing fine, except for one thing...I couldn't submit it afterward. Turns out the timer for the test was blocking the "Submit" button. So the gentleman who helped me figured out that it was because I was usually Internet Explorer 8, which caused the timer to block the Submit button. Once I downloaded Foxfire, as he suggested, it worked out fine. I was able to submit the test with no problems (and more importantly, no penalty, as I had already emailed the professor, who agreed to give me an extension). This is important to note, because I have a test to take for Finance this week, and I wouldn't want to run into the same problems.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hi Assata,

Congratulations on receiving an A on your presentation. I am a adult student starting my Fall semester at the Garrett Mountain Campus. I am a little nervous but I know I can do it. It is very refreshing to hear postive energy from students. I know I will do just fine.

Joyce