Friday, August 7, 2009

All set for fall....

I have the classes I need for the fall quarter, and as it turns out, I'll be doing my internship in the winter quarter, after which I'll be graduating from Berkeley--officially. And for once, I'm not feeling a sense of anxiety about my internship, as I have a few ideas about what I want to do in this regard and who I want to work for. I'll have to discuss it with Professor Berman in Career Services, but I'm sure something can be worked out where I complete my internship successfully and not completely disrupt my work schedule (I'll have to make some adjustments, to be sure, but not to the total disruption of my work schedule).

Last week, we had to submit our research project on applying for a job; we had to research a company, look for a position with requirements that matched our current skills (they had to be skills we possessed either through school or work experience), and learn how to apply. I had to redo mine, because my first choice was through a temporary agency, and there wasn't much information provided, like where the company was actually located and who I would be reporting to. So I changed industries completely and put down Investors Savings Bank as my second choice. I did much better this time, missing the mark by only three points. I'm actually doing really well in this Business Placement class, possibly because I've been working for so long and have some experience with job interviews and the application and interviewing processes.

No comments: