Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The official last week of the quarter....

So let's study hard, students. Show your instructors your mettle. Prove to yourself what you've taken in all quarter. I have one more exam tomorrow--statistics--and I'd be kidding myself if I said I wasn't somewhat nervous. But I have every confidence that I will do well if I just remember the formulas and the procedures for doing each formula. Thankfully I have Excel, my class notes, my calculator, and my textbook. So I shouldn't be too bad off. I don't want to miss even one question, though, but it wouldn't kill me if I did.

For those of you who are interested in taking a math class online, please do the following: commit to at least 2-3 hours of study per week, getting the information fresh in your mind. That way, you'll be able to contribute to the class discussions, as well as complete your assignments with accuracy and proficiency. Tests are usually given after two or three chapters have been covered, so READ EVERYTHING!!!! Don't skip any sections or paragraphs; and if you do, backtrack. Do it until you're so familiar with that topic that you get sick of seeing it. The biggest difference in taking statistics and taking algebra is that statistics deals largely with probabilities, while algebra is interested in problem solving. But the two intertwine at some point; you'll see vague recollections of algebra in statistics when--and if--you take it

No comments: