Friday, March 6, 2009

Course evaluations....

So it's that time again, that time just before the current quarter ends and the new quarter is just around the corner. I'm talking about course evaluations, and at first I didn't participate in them, because I didn't think they mattered all that much. But I realize now that just as students like to know how they're doing in their courses, our professors would like to know how they and their course material measures up.

Just as teachers can commend students on what they're doing well, so can we comment on what the teachers do well. And just as the teachers suggest to us where we can improve, so can we provide feedback on what we would like to see more of from the professors with regard to the coursework. I just wished Berkeley College still had those online student polls; those were great for providing feedback and tuning in to what students were interested in.

I hope the next quarter brings me more opportunities to get involved with the clubs that I'm a part of, as well as any outdoor field trips/activities.

No comments: