Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's about that time.....

I filed my application for Financial Aid on the Web, and now I'm waiting for my classes to post to Blackboard so that I can order my books. Next week is the last week in all of my classes, and I'm pretty hopeful about my grades (that is to say, I'm not failing anything). I just got my grade back for my research paper on Mexican culture, and I got a 90 out of 100. Next, we have our final and then our final discussion board and then, it's on to prepping for next quarter.

I just got the software downloaded to my laptop from the website that Berkeley uses, and it has everything I need for classes and then some...which is good, because for next quarter, I have to take CIS 203 and we need Access 2007, which this software provides. Once I learn how to use the database, I'm going to start using it in my everyday life; we have a database at work, but how much easier would everything be if we used a system like Access? Most of our members' names are out of sequence, and we have to scroll through almost thousands of names to find the member we need to contact or to look up account information. So this class will definitely come in handy. And the beauty of it is, I can practice at home and get better and better at it.

No comments: