Thursday, February 12, 2009

Uh-oh....

I'm struggling a little bit with statistics now. I was doing good, but then I did the homework this past week, and when I checked the results of the homework with the results I came up with, I missed a few. So I realize that homework is practice and that this will allow me to see my mistakes before I repeat them on the test; but I have to be honest--it's shaken my confidence to some degree. I had been doing well for the past few weeks, and now I'm faltering a little. But I'm just gonna keep on trying my best to do the work, and whatever I don't understand, I'm going to post on the "Questions" section of our weekly discussion boards.

This week in Finance, we have our first mid-term assignment, which will likely encompass all that we've learned in the past six weeks. I am feeling pretty confident about this mid-term, as I've been keeping up with the readings, as well as the assignments. So this afternoon, I'm going to devote about three hours to statistics, and just re-read the other material as a refresher. I also found out that I misread the requirements for our discussion board sessions in Intercultural Communication; I've been earning less points because of a misinterpretation of the syllabus. But I plan to do better from here on out. I do well on the GHAs, but I could do much better on the discussion board section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do exams work? Do you have to visit the school location to take them? I was just wondering... thank you for your time.

Berkeley College Online Blog said...

Well, since I'm an online student, I don't have to visit the campus to take exams. I have visited the Newark campus to complete computer work for classes where I need the 2007 Microsoft Office program, but other than that, I can pretty much access my classwork from home, school, or work.