Friday, June 12, 2009

Excitement and challenges....

So we're nearing the end of another quarter, and I can hardly wait for the next one. And then I have one more quarter before I graduate. Exciting, isn't it? I'll FINALLY be able to see the West Paterson campus of Berkeley College. But before that, I still want to be able to get involved in some school activities (besides the online clubs). I also still want to look at Career Services and see what types of jobs are being offered, so that I can explore my options for when I graduate....

...which brings me to the challenging. So I know that I'll eventually have to do my internship for school, and this presents sort of a special challenge: how to go about fulfilling my internship requirements and my work responsibilities. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but my stomach is already in knots, just thinking about it. Things like this are good for lots of thinking over, but the fall will be here shortly, and I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute, trying to figure it all out. I need to make my plans in advance, giving my employers notice and all that and seeing exactly how many hours I will have to do for my internship. So, it's a cause for concern, but a good concern...AND it's exciting. I'd considered doing my internship where I work, but we're a not-for-profit organization, and I really don't see where else they'd put me besides the front desk (which is where I am now). I'll voice my concerns to Advisement, and see what they come up with. So while I'm concerned, I'm not overly worried. I'm sure it'll work out.

No comments: