Saturday, July 12, 2008

So, week 1 of the summer session is finally finished, and boy do I have a lot of studying to do. Statistics looks like one of the courses I will really have to buckle down on. Treasury management seems to be the second course that I'll have to give major consideration to, and Human Resources Management seems like the third one I will have to give major consideration to. This is not to rank classes from hardest to easiest, just the order in which the classes are more challenging. Math, as many of you may know from previous blogs, is not really my strong point; ironically, however, I find that I like numbers and am good in many ways with numbers. So a former classmate suggested to me that I take accounting and statistics if I liked numbers a lot. And as with accounting, statistics will present its challenges, but if I just study hard and contact the professor for help should I need it, I'll do fine in this course.

Another thing I want to get more involved in is more online clubs. I am enjoying the Healthy Cafe, but I want to be more well-rounded. And since I mentioned that I enjoy numbers, what would be a better way to show my interest in finance and numbers than in the Finance Club? Yes, soon I will be a member of the Finance Club, once I looked at the requirements and the features. And as usual, I will also be giving the Career Services section a look-see. Perhaps while still earning my Bachelor's degree, I can find a position with another company that allows me the flexibility of schedule and the work-life balance that my current position affords me (I can actually do my schoolwork right there at work before it gets extremely busy during the day).

No comments: