Saturday, July 26, 2008

GAAAAH!!!! I've just read the Berkeley Blackboard announcements section, and once again, I won't be able to participate in one of the class trips that they have scheduled for this term. It's for a play entitled "In The Heights: Summer in the City". It would be a perfect opportunity for me to go, but I'll be on vacation, while attempting to keep up with my school work at the same time. Besides, the time doesn't work for me; I have to travel by public transportation, and the show starts at 8:00 p.m. I'll just have to keep my eyes opened in the future for more opportunities to finally meet some of my fellow students face-to-face. In a way, I've already met and become acquainted with Vanessa and Aleksandra via their pictures and their blog postings, but what a treat it would be to finally meet up with them at some Berkeley event. That would be awesome.

On the plus side, I've finally signed up with the Finance and Accounting club, and I look forward to being an active participant, making my educational experience at Berkeley a well-rounded one. This is the sort of thing that catches the eye of prospective employers. And again, it would really enhance my learning of the material in Finance 205, and vice versa.

I also noticed in the Career Services section that they have some full and part-time openings for criminal justice students. So if this is your field of interest and you haven't had a chance to peruse the blackboard or Career Services section, you just might want to take a look. Earn credits and a paycheck at the same time; what could be better than that?

No comments: