Friday, June 6, 2008

Two papers to turn in, two more assessments, and one final exam--boy, is my brain TIRED!!! To be honest, I'm grateful for the two-week reprieve in between quarters. But I can't complain; I love being in school, after having been out for a while to care for personal matters (family, employment, etc.). And once again, I'm excited for the summer session coming up, where I won't have to do as much running around, since my niece will be out of school and in camp for the summer.

One of my papers is for Finance, and it deals with investing and saving more of your hard-earned dollars. I basically did some research using some finance articles from Essence magazine issues, and they really have some useful information (information which I'm now applying even in my own personal life), such as investing in stocks, how to start your own side business, paying down debt to increase your net, and much more. I have a 'wealth' (pardon the pun) of information at my fingertips, and to think, I almost didn't use these magazines as sources of information--or even think that I had any sources. I hope I do well in presenting the information in a clear, understandable way that will impress my professor.

The second paper has to do with selecting a company and listing its company history, financial standing, CEO, and why this is a good company to invest in. And I've already chosen a company that I'm familiar with--Wachovia Bank. I've been a customer since 2005, and I can certainly attest to the wonderful services that they have as a financial institution. But as I mentioned before, it is very hard work. Not impossible, but I will be working my fingers to the bone this weekend, typing and studying, typing and studying.

No comments: