Friday, March 19, 2010

One more week, and I'm finished....

As I said previously, I feel relieved and happy, yet a little sad. I can't believe it's almost over--both in a good and a bad way. However, as I had mentioned in a previous blog entry, I can always come back for my Master's degree. And if I decide to any time in the near future, I know that Berkeley College is the college for me. With all respect for other learning institutions, I have to say that I have never been challenged in a way that benefited me the way that I have at Berkeley College. Also, even though I haven't been able to connect face-to-face with other students, I still feel that I've been able to connect with them via my classes (discussion boards), online clubs, and this blog.

It's amazing that when I first decided to re-enroll in school, I had serious misgivings (I thought I was too old, I wouldn't remember anything, etc.). I prayed, I stuck to my guns, and I changed my "study" habits (barely studying sometimes); and when I saw that I was slipping back into an old, familiar, destructive pattern, I made some adjustments. It was a little hard, particularly since I was doing everything online this time, but I convinced myself that it would be for the best in the long run.

Already, it's paid off in regard to where I work, and I feel that it will continue to open up opportunities for me in the future. Also, I've been invited to be a peer mentor, which makes me feel honored. I've often thought about being a tutor and a peer for some students, but that I was actually invited suggests a lot of confidence in my abilities. No matter what happens in the future, I will not regret the decision I made to re-enroll in school. And I will always hold a place in my heart for Berkeley College as the school that helped me to reach my fullest potential--not just as a student, but as an individual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt love your writing kind, very interesting.
don't quit and also keep posting seeing that it just truly worth to look through it,
looking forward to browse much of your own writing, good bye!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know it must feel great. To be able to close this chapter of your life is a great accomplishment. I wish you the best in life.

Tinisha Kim Telfair said...

I have been reading your blogs for the last few months and now that the end is nearing for you as an undergrad, I would like to take the time out and congratulate you on the consistent hard work and dedication. There is more success and accomplishments to make waiting ahead for you. :-)