Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The end of my journey here at Berkeley....

Yes, I've taken my final test and submitted my final assignments for both my Finance class and my internship. And now, I look forward to taking my place among my fellow graduates at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey on April 30, 2010.

While I'm glad to be graduating, I wished I had done better in my finance class; however, I did pass it this time around. A little more time and attention given to the chapters would've helped me tremendously, but I didn't go below a "C", I can say that much. But I don't intend to let this be the last of my educational journey. I still have every finance book that I have ever purchased and I will continue to use these as references for when I enter the financial field. I also want to continue to be an inspiration to you all to never give up, and really, really study--even if you think you "got it" the first time; perhaps there were some things that you missed when you merely skimmed over the material. But alas, I won't put a negative spin on a positive situation. I PASSED!!!! And I'm GRADUATING!!! That deserves some applause in itself. Not to sound self-aggrandizing or anything, but I'm really happy. And relieved, to be honest. Although I don't intend to put away everything I've learned for good, I do intend to take what I feel is a well-deserved break. Perhaps I'll go back to school and get my Master's in the future. But for now, my upcoming graduation is enough for me. I did it, and I lived to tell about the experience.

And a big, hearty congratulations to ALL of our seniors who are walking in April; we did it!!!

No comments: