Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sociology test....

I just turned in this week's sociology GHA, and it was a discussion on singlehood and why people choose to be single and what some of the common myths are about singlehood. One of the reasons mentioned that people are remaining single for a longer period of time is to focus on school and their careers. And I thought about that with regard to my situation; I know that right now I'm in no position to get married and care for anyone else other than me (although I do have a niece who I'm responsible for). While being single, I can complete my education and get myself set before I can focus on a husband and family.

Think about it; I'm learning valuable life lessons right now in class that can help me if I should ever choose to get married (which I'd like to, but I'll be fine if I don't, because I'll know how to take care of me). With regard to finance, I'm learning how to make wise choices that will make me savvy with my money; with regard to marketing, I'm learning how to present my "product"--myself--to prospect employers; and with regard to sociology, I'm learning how to be a better person and a productive citizen.

No comments: