Thursday, September 27, 2007

Now I know why they say....

It takes a lot of discipline to learn online. You don't have your professors constantly reminding you of your deadline for turning in assignments; you have to focus on doing that yourself. I just finished one assignment last night, watching the movie "A Civil Action" for my Environmental Science class. It was excellent, and I know just which points I want to focus on for the essay. I'm still waiting for my schoolbooks to arrive so that I can complete my other assignments, but by next week, I should be all set and ready to work harder than I've ever worked in my life.

I like a challenge, though, which is why I chose an online course (that and other obligations that make it necessary). Another selling point is that I'm not bound by the clock, other than needing my assignments to be in on a certain day at a certain time.

No comments: